People’s Choice Award 2019
Terms & Conditions
How to enter: There are 2 options to enter the competition (In Club and Online).
- In Club: To enter, participants will be required to fill out a form with the name of your favourite club followed by your full name, club membership number, phone number and email address.
- Online: To enter, participants will be required to choose the name of your favourite club followed by your full name and contact details.
- The competition starts 1 August 2019 at 12:00 midnight and ends 13 October 2019 at 12:00 midnight (AEST).
- The winner will be drawn at 4:00 pm on 14 October 2019 at ClubsACT, Unit 4d 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600.
- The winner will be notified within 3 working days of the draw and will be notified of their prize by phone and/or email.
- The winner will be published on the next working day on the ClubsACT website (clubsact.com.au) and no later than 15 October 2019.
- The prize is a trip for two to Hamilton Island valued at a total maximum RRP value of AUD $4,400.00 and is inclusive of airfares.
Frequently asked questions
Q: I’ve seen more than one ad for the competition. Is there more than one prize?
A: There will only be one prize.
Q: Can I vote for a club more than once?
A: Yes. But you are only able to do this via the different options In Club, Online and by a “LIKE” of an individual clubs profile picture image on their Facebook page. However the Facebook “LIKE” option does not enter a person in the competition.
Competition terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the Australian Capital Territory. ClubsACT, the individual clubs, their directors and their employees are ineligible to enter or win.
- The competition will be advertised in club, online, via social media and in local media press from 1 August 2019.
- Entry is only available to people 18 years and over
How to enter: There are 2 options to enter the competition (In Club and Online).
1. In Club, To enter, participants will be required to fill out a form with the name of your favourite club followed by your full name, club membership number, phone number and email address. Each in club entry form filled out by an individual may be used to enter the competition via this method once only.
2. To enter, participants will be required to choose the name of your favourite club followed by your full name and contact details. Each online entry filled out by an individual may be used to enter the competition via this method once only.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. ClubsACT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for manipulating the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
- Competition commences at 12:00 midnight on 01/08/19. Entry closes at 12:00 midnight on 13/10/19. Draw will take place at ClubsACT, Unit 4d 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600 at 4.00pm on 14/10/19. The winner will be notified within 3 working days of the draw and will be notified of their prize via phone and/or email.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant ACT legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at ClubsACT, Unit 4d 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600 on 14/01/20 at 12.00 noon (AEDT). The winners will be notified within 3 working days of the draw and will be notified of their prize by phone and/or email.
- Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify ClubsACT.
- There will be one prize winner. The first valid entry to be drawn will win a trip for two to Hamilton Island.
- Not transferable for cash.
- ClubsACT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of ClubsACT, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who manipulates the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of ClubsACT, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or ClubsACT. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases. ClubsACT reserves the right to disqualify a winner if ClubsACT becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 12:00 midnight on 13/10/19. ClubsACT accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by ClubsACT or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- Once prizes have been awarded, ClubsACT takes no responsibility for any issues arising from the redemption of the prize. The prize will be made valid by Oatley Fine Wine Merchants and the prize consists of a trip for two (2) adults to Hamilton Island, Queensland, including five (5) nights’ accommodation at the four and a half star rated Coral Seaview Room at the Reef View Hotel, return economy airfares from Canberra, breakfast daily, Airport to Reef Hotel transfers and unlimited access to the island shuttle service. Total maximum RRP value of this prize = AUD $4400.00. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. This prize is only valid to be taken within these specified dates 01/11/2019 – 31/10/2020.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- In consideration for ClubsACT awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to ClubsACT all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that ClubsACT is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by ClubsACT then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). ClubsACT accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders ClubsACT’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, ClubsACT may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- ClubsACT shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. ClubsACT is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- ClubsACT reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who ClubsACT has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct that could jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. ClubsACT’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of ClubsACT. ClubsACT collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion and to contact you about both the progression and completion of this promotion. No further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- ClubsACT is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to the ACT lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements ClubsACT will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to ClubsACT.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- ClubsACT is the trading name of the Licensed Clubs Association of the ACT, (ABN: 89 136 205 639) of Unit 4d, 16 National Circuit Barton ACT 2600.
- Authorised under ACT permit no: ACT TP 19/03835
ACT Election Questionnaire 2019
Terms and Conditions
The promoter is: ClubsACT
Terms and conditions
To be eligible:
1. All entrants must be Australian Capital Territory residents above the age of 18 years old on the date the competition opens.
- Employees of the Clubs ACT or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition are not permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ACTTP19-03835
- Closing date for entry will be 13 October 2019 at 11:59pm EST. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner can be found at: https://clubsact.com.au/competition/
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by ClubsACT from all entries received based on the quality of response.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from that winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- By entering this competition, you agree to your email being added to the Clubs ACT’s database for promotional material. Your details will not be shared with any third party.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.