New Corporate Partner MV Law
ClubsACT is pleased to announce a new relationship and new member service in conjunction with our Gold Partners MV Law. We are launching a new Industrial Relations Hotline and support opportunity for our members to be provided by Canberra’s Leading local law firm MV Law.
The system of regulation of employment and industrial relations in Australia is complex and constantly changing. Having successful employment relationships—whether as an employer or employer—depends on knowing how to work within the system, and how to develop and maintain strong connections.
MV Law can help our members navigate the employment and industrial relations system with certainty and clarity, and enhance the relationships that are so pivotal to the success of the system. MV Law’s team of expert employment and industrial relations lawyers has more than 40 years’ combined employment and workplace relations law experience.
ClubsACT Members benefits
- Free Employment Law telephone hotline service to ACT Club members
- This service would not include and written correspondence (telephone support only)
- Should written advice be required, or Litigation / Commission be required it would be charged on a fee-for-service basis
- IR disputes or EBA’s would also be on a fee-for-service basis
- Free “Health Check” for ACT Club members
- A service which would allow our Employment Lawyer to visit an ACT Club member’s site and where they can effectively walk us through the employment structure and discuss any issues.
- Free Learning and Development opportunities For ACT Club members
- Invitations to our regular MV Law Roundtable events
- Opportunity for MV Law Lawyers to present (free of charge) at various ClubsACT events on topics of relevance to members
- Inclusion on the MV Law mailing list to receive timely, topical e-briefs/news articles
- Discounted Services
- Discounted Will for ACT Clubs members, and their employees
- Discounted Will for Board members
Please contact ClubsACT for any IR questions including the services summarised below.
Award & Enterprise Agreement Interpretation
- Wages, classifying employees, allowances, penalties
- Redundancy processes as well as entitlements
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements (IFA’s)
Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) & the National Employment Standards
- Obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Issues around union right of entry
- Managing requests for flexible working arrangements for all employees
- Performance managing employees: disciplining or establishing performance action plans for under performers
- Notice requirements/payments for employees who resign/dismissed
- Employment contract review and preparation for all employees
- Transferring employees between casual, part-time and full-time
- Template employment contracts are available to all clubs
- Issues including AGM notification requirements or constitutional interpretation
The Workplace Relations team also provides specialised advocacy and representation in conciliation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution before the Fair Work Commission and other tribunals including:
- Unfair dismissal claims
- Industrial disputes
- Discrimination claims
- Underpayment of wages